Dr. Serena Ghodasra was born and raised in New Jersey. After making South Florida her new home, she attended Nova Southeastern University in their 7-year accelerated dual admission program where she earned her B.S. in Biology and then continued on to dental school there where she received her Doctor of Dental Medicine degree. While at NSU she met her fiancé, Dr. Karan Patel (an orthodontist) and served as president for the Pediatric Dentistry Society. Upon graduation, she received the American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry Most Promise Award and remained in South Florida to complete her two-year residency training at NSU and Joe DiMaggio Children’s Hospital.
Dr. Serena strives to build a dental home for her patients through oral health advocacy and individualizing care in order to give each patient a positive dental experience and feel comfortable. Giving back to the community is a passion of Dr. Serena whether it be local, serving as director for NSU’s Give Kids a Smile and the coordinator for the Colgate Bright Smiles, Bright Futures mobile dental bus, or international, volunteering and providing treatment on mission trips. When she’s not providing care to patients, Dr. Serena enjoys spending time with family and friends going to the beach, cooking, playing tennis, traveling, dancing, and hiking.
- American Dental Association (ADA)
- Florida Dental Association (FDA)
- American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry (AAPD)
- Florida Academy of Pediatric Dentistry (FAPD)
- AAPD Most Promise in Pediatric Dentistry Award
- Honorary Dual Admission Dental Panelist Speaker
- NSU Career Ambassador
- Beta Beta Beta National Biological Honors Society
- Delta Epsilon Iota Academic Honors Society
- Phi Kappa Phi Award of Excellence
- Nova Southeastern University Dean’s List
- NSU Presidents Scholarship and Dean’s Scholarship